Your hot tub cover performs many functions: It helps keep your spa water clean, it insulates the hot tub so the water stays hot and it’s a safety measure to keep children or pets out of the hot tub. So keep this important part of your hot tub in tip top shape by following these simple do’s and don’ts.
- Always lock cover straps in place to secure the cover when the spa is not in use.
- Treat your cover like you would a piece of custom-crafted furniture.
- Use only the reinforced handles to move your cover. Straps, flaps and seams can tear if you use them like a handle.
- Clean and condition your spa cover on a monthly basis and before the start of a new season.
- Remove snow buildup regularly to avoid breaking the foam cores.
- Maintain proper water chemistry to extend the life of the cover and spa.
- Drag or lift the spa cover using the flaps or the cover lock straps.
- Walk, stand, sit or jump on the cover.
- Place anything on the cover, or place any type of plastic tarp or drop cloth over the cover. This may result in melted foam cores.
- Leave foam cores that have been removed from the vinyl encasement in the sun.
- Use any cover systems, chemicals or cleaners but those recommended by the cover manufacturer.
- Allow children on top of the cover or alone in the spa without parental supervision.
- Allow pets to jump on, chew on or claw the cover.
Follow Spasearch on social media